AsyncAPI / Community

Add meeting Rate page Subscribe

AsyncAPI / Community

These are all the meetings we have in "Community" (part of the organization "AsyncAPI"). Click into individual meeting pages to watch the recording and search or read the transcript.

29 Nov 2022

  • 4 participants
  • 35 minutes
come
present
hi
asking
bye
late
discussions
members
evening
chat
youtube image

15 Nov 2022

  • 5 participants
  • 1:02 hours
macbook
amd
lucas
okay
fan
gaming
screen
hangover
installs
maven
youtube image

18 Oct 2022

  • 4 participants
  • 39 minutes
bye
hi
great
having
doing
asking
come
chats
discussions
watching
youtube image

4 Oct 2022

  • 3 participants
  • 52 minutes
utc
hosting
hours
times
date
morning
pm
hi
agreement
conversation
youtube image

6 Sep 2022

  • 2 participants
  • 18 minutes
discussions
presenters
guest
conference
community
committee
caption
chat
watching
come
youtube image

23 Aug 2022

  • 3 participants
  • 1:04 hours
attending
invited
conversation
meetup
thanks
comments
appear
mentors
currently
host
youtube image

9 Aug 2022

  • 2 participants
  • 51 minutes
community
discussions
hi
hskpi
host
currently
meetups
like
participants
wakash
youtube image

26 Jul 2022

  • 4 participants
  • 1:00 hours
release
coordinating
api
important
audience
repo
conference
offering
users
currently
youtube image

12 Jul 2022

  • 5 participants
  • 36 minutes
chats
streaming
conference
onboarding
tuesday
collaborate
subscribe
hi
mentorships
message
youtube image

28 Jun 2022

  • 3 participants
  • 37 minutes
conference
chat
hosting
announcement
community
subscribed
event
barcelona
discussion
monitoring
youtube image

14 Jun 2022

  • 2 participants
  • 30 minutes
discussions
api
ambassadors
community
utc
watching
morning
conference
chat
audience
youtube image

31 May 2022

  • 3 participants
  • 21 minutes
invited
api
chat
initiative
onboarding
discussion
streaming
volunteering
thanks
mentorship
youtube image

17 May 2022

  • 3 participants
  • 20 minutes
community
utcs
conference
barbarian
chat
issue
discussions
scrum
editing
announced
youtube image

3 May 2022

No description provided.
  • 8 participants
  • 58 minutes
conversation
okay
geography
joking
having
english
tenerife
thanks
currently
bye
youtube image

19 Apr 2022

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting.

https://github.com/asyncapi/community/issues/317

Chat:
10:08:25 From Lukasz Gornicki : https://github.com/asyncapi/community/discussions/313
10:19:53 From Lukasz Gornicki : https://github.com/asyncapi/community/discussions/categories/asyncapi-conf-2022-organization
10:27:34 From Lukasz Gornicki : temp-gsod-2022
10:31:00 From Lukasz Gornicki : https://github.com/asyncapi/community/discussions/284#discussioncomment-2579356
  • 5 participants
  • 37 minutes
discussions
invite
conference
anybody
google
community
streamed
session
meet
blog
youtube image

5 Apr 2022

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting.

https://github.com/asyncapi/community/issues/302

Chat:

18:06:26 From Sergio Moya : The link to the agend seems wrong?
18:06:31 From Sergio Moya : Feb 8 2022 says
18:06:43 From Alejandra Quetzalli : 🤨
18:07:16 From Lukasz Gornicki : https://github.com/asyncapi/community/issues/302
18:07:24 From Lukasz Gornicki : https://github.com/asyncapi/community/pull/308
18:08:38 From Sergio Moya : Yes we do
18:17:04 From Maciej Urbańczyk : Are dog emoticons blocked? :D
18:18:51 From Alejandra Quetzalli : LOL you suck Macief :P
18:18:59 From Alejandra Quetzalli : Oh wow, this table is neat!! So cool !!
18:19:06 From Alejandra Quetzalli : maciej** eeeek
18:19:09 From Aayush : ++
18:19:09 From Maciej Urbańczyk : You’re welcome :P
18:19:16 From Alejandra Quetzalli : 😂
18:25:10 From Alejandra Quetzalli : I will make sure to review that PR today ! :)
18:28:31 From 20BCS022 AKSHAT NEMA : You can have a single business account of Zoom and then share the host key of the account to open meetings, to the respective maintainers
18:28:43 From Aayush : Awesome work with the automation, Lukasz!
18:30:02 From Aayush : :(
18:30:18 From AKSHAT NEMA : Sad to hear the word "rejected"
18:34:00 From Sergio Moya : its in the FAQ
18:34:16 From AKSHAT NEMA : In the first point mentioned in this comment, you asked us to comment on your comment. So what users have to comment?
18:34:34 From Alejandra Quetzalli : 😂
18:34:39 From Alejandra Quetzalli : Sergio lOL
18:34:40 From Alejandra Quetzalli : LOL
18:34:41 From AKSHAT NEMA : I'm in Lukasz
18:35:27 From Sergio Moya : AWESOME!
18:39:43 From AKSHAT NEMA : In the first point mentioned in this comment, you asked us to comment on your comment. So what users have to comment?
18:41:49 From AKSHAT NEMA : Yeah got it perfectly. Sorry for my internet connection
18:46:04 From AKSHAT NEMA : We are so brilliant future tellers for GSoD?
18:48:13 From AKSHAT NEMA : and if we add design
18:52:17 From Sergio Moya : Purple tentacle
18:54:12 From Alejandra Quetzalli : Face your conference fears :D
18:57:16 From Alejandra Quetzalli : ❤️
  • 5 participants
  • 58 minutes
discussions
governance
invite
meet
conference
users
updates
scheduling
audience
announce
youtube image

22 Mar 2022

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting.

https://github.com/asyncapi/community/issues/294

Chat:
00:05:28 Jonas Lagoni: https://github.com/asyncapi/community/issues/294
00:07:35 Sergio Moya: https://github.com/asyncapi/spec/issues/735
00:11:58 Jonas Lagoni: https://github.com/asyncapi/bindings/issues/113
00:14:18 Jonas Lagoni: https://github.com/asyncapi/spec/issues/590
00:22:52 Khudadad Nomani: I want to take this issue. but I am not sure where to start.
00:27:20 Jonas Lagoni: https://github.com/asyncapi/bindings/blob/77f6f7744d79619e1e663bda65bf7a535c4c21fa/kafka/json_schemas/message.json#L14
00:28:38 Sergio Moya: JSON Schemas for the Spec: https://github.com/asyncapi/spec-json-schemas
00:31:10 Sergio Moya: Need to leave for 5 mins
00:31:11 Sergio Moya: Back soon
00:32:14 Sergio Moya: Back
00:34:36 Jonas Lagoni: https://github.com/jonaslagoni/spec-json-schemas/blob/567ba22ad754591c7191dfdf7a22819317914500/definitions/2.3.0/message.json#L52
00:36:51 Jonas Lagoni: https://github.com/asyncapi/spec/issues/590
00:38:58 Aayush Sahu: Take Care Lukasz :)
00:39:12 AKSHAT NEMA: is the situation getting worse in your area?related covid
00:39:48 Vivek: Take Care Sir 🙂
00:41:07 AKSHAT NEMA: Anything related to mentorship program?
00:41:10 AKSHAT NEMA: updates?
00:42:53 AKSHAT NEMA: Anything you want to discuss related to the issue "Docs Feedback Form"? :) We had a discussion there
  • 5 participants
  • 44 minutes
release
discussions
repositories
issue
plans
currently
updates
spec
setup
announcement
youtube image

8 Mar 2022

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #68.

https://github.com/asyncapi/community/issues/285

Chat:
17:06:16 From Khudadad Nomani : Welcome aboard Namya.
17:06:16 From Abir : We just merged Spec Watcher last week
17:07:30 From Abir : We have lot of programs!! No worries
17:08:07 From AKSHAT NEMA : Yepp, there are lot of open source programs and events going on for our community
17:08:11 From Lukasz Gornicki : https://github.com/asyncapi/community/discussions/284
17:10:13 From Lukasz Gornicki : https://github.com/asyncapi/community/issues/245
17:12:46 From Namya LG : renaming would be a good idea
17:12:48 From Sergio Moya : +1 to rename it.
17:13:08 From Abir : yeah we can
17:13:50 From AKSHAT NEMA : I think we should rename to something precise which give good impression to anyone who is joining, instead of just SIG.
17:14:54 From Siham TAHI : For me I saw the purpose of these meetings but I did not know the meaning of SIG so it's better to change it
17:15:20 From Abir : `AsyncAPI Public Call`
17:15:37 From AKSHAT NEMA : yepp good one from Abir
17:16:15 From Khudadad Nomani : +1 for "Community Meeting"
17:16:44 From Lukasz Gornicki : https://github.com/asyncapi/community/discussions/categories/asyncapi-conf-2022-organization
17:18:18 From Abir : The situation is bit weird, due to war
17:18:56 From Abir : How do we avoid over engineering...
17:23:45 From Lukasz Gornicki : https://github.com/asyncapi/website/issues/453
17:24:50 From AKSHAT NEMA : https://github.com/asyncapi/website/pull/609Where it is implemented
  • 6 participants
  • 21 minutes
discussion
api
asean
committee
google
streaming
associated
conference
bots
invites
youtube image

8 Feb 2022

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #67.

https://github.com/asyncapi/community/issues/231

Chat:

17:07:34 From Lukasz Gornicki : https://www.asyncapi.com/blog/2021-summary
17:08:26 From Lukasz Gornicki : https://github.com/asyncapi/community/discussions/193
17:10:55 From Abir | @imabptweets : Bit a zoom
17:11:19 From Abir | @imabptweets : xD
17:12:04 From Alejandra Quetzalli : Can we have access to see this spreadsheet too? 😄
17:12:08 From Alejandra Quetzalli : This is sooo useful!
17:12:58 From Maciej Urbańczyk : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aHx7Fz8TNsxwSVyykV5v20Rogbp_FLevLQBP7xAry4s/edit#gid=0 :)
17:13:17 From Alejandra Quetzalli : Oh cool, thank you so much Maciej !
17:13:51 From Maciej Urbańczyk : You’re welcome :)
17:14:51 From Lukasz Gornicki : https://github.com/asyncapi/community/discussions/72
17:16:06 From Alejandra Quetzalli : Wooohooo!!! 🥳
17:16:23 From Alejandra Quetzalli : SEASON OF DOCS… ALL THE DOCS
17:17:48 From Lukasz Gornicki : https://github.com/asyncapi/community/issues/256
17:19:42 From Abir | @imabptweets : Hacked the System
17:21:04 From Abir | @imabptweets : Do we plan to have AsyncAPI Hackathon on the timeline ?
17:21:13 From Alejandra Quetzalli : Cause who has time for personal responsibility?!
17:21:18 From Alejandra Quetzalli : 😈
17:23:50 From Abir : Are we selecting some moderators or POCs for contributors in OpenForce 2022
17:24:56 From Abir : Thats better
17:25:34 From Abir : If needed, I can do that meanwhile..
17:27:03 From Abir : I guess its better to do it online....
17:28:54 From Lukasz Gornicki : https://events.linuxfoundation.org/open-source-summit-europe/
17:30:07 From Alejandra Quetzalli : Def seems like a good fit!
17:30:55 From Alejandra Quetzalli : Just one track?
17:31:00 From Alejandra Quetzalli : Got it
17:31:36 From Jonas Lagoni : Any idea if they have a setup for streaming the events to our channels?
17:31:41 From Abir : It may be better, if we can do both.. Open Source Summit, submit one of our talks...and one in our native environment, as AsyncAPI Conf
17:33:39 From Abir : Thanks for the clarification
17:35:15 From Alejandra Quetzalli : Yup yup
17:35:32 From Abir : Will they sponsor travel and accomodation for international folks
17:39:44 From Abir : I feel Online gives more reach to people
17:39:58 From Sergio Moya : It’s hard to decide without really knowing the number of people that will come in person to a fully dedicated AsyncAPI event (and venue). Also what’s the impact of being kinda “overshadowed” by the other event?
17:41:15 From Abir : Yeah, makes sense
17:41:19 From Sergio Moya : The other option would be to stay small, like rent an small venue, for few hundreds and limit the number of tickets. We can test it out and learn for next year.
17:41:29 From Abir : I was thinking more for reach
17:43:57 From Abir : We can search in Poland itself? near Lukasz place
17:44:12 From Sergio Moya : Lukasz’s home?
17:44:17 From Jonas Lagoni : hahaha
17:44:19 From Abir : On the terrace
17:44:20 From Barbaño González : hahha
17:44:46 From Sergio Moya : overrated
17:44:48 From Sergio Moya : hahaha
17:45:01 From Abir : Lets join in India :)
17:46:50 From Abir : Can we do it at two places simultaneously?
17:47:01 From Abir : having different set of speakers?
17:47:01 From Alejandra Quetzalli : Yikes! Not sure...
17:47:12 From Alejandra Quetzalli : That will be FUN to survive 😄
17:50:27 From Alejandra Quetzalli : https://twitter.com/boyney123/status/1490673460468752394
17:50:40 From Alejandra Quetzalli : https://www.eventcatalog.dev/
17:55:24 From Abir : We can have different number of tracks..Rookie Track and Advanced Track
18:00:03 From Todd : Thank you.
18:00:09 From Abir : It means we have to promote and advert GSOD
18:00:23 From Abir : Hahah
18:00:25 From Abir : Yes
18:01:13 From Sergio Moya : See uuuu
  • 5 participants
  • 57 minutes
async
discussions
thanks
api
initiative
users
scheduled
streaming
community
subscribed
youtube image

25 Jan 2022

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #66.

https://github.com/asyncapi/community/issues/230

Notes:
- Vladimir could not join so we did not discuss his proposals. We only mentioned first item, that some related stuff is already addressed in this PR for 2.3 release - https://github.com/asyncapi/spec/pull/696
- 2.3 release goes out next Monday, on the last day of January. Only the above-mentioned PR needs to be merged as the last item.
- We had questions related to contributing to Generator project. Advice was to first watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ueeYM_0hck live stream about the generator and then also check this https://github.com/asyncapi/template-for-generator-templates template for templates. If this doesn't help we can definitely organize an ad hoc "Let's talk about contributing" stream and cover generator topic again
- AsyncAPI will for sure join GSoC. There were no objections voiced out here https://github.com/asyncapi/community/discussions/193. Applications open in February. Lukasz will contact soon all the maintainers to ask who wants to volunteer to be a mentor for students.
- Lukasz had an intro call with Hargun that represents https://www.openforce.tech/. It is in March, we could join and prepare a list of issues and what we can give in return for the work - swags. Again, because of this https://github.com/asyncapi/community/discussions/193 I believe we should join, just a matter of getting the list of issues and time commitment in PR review.

Chat:
09:06:01 From Shreyansh Jain : Hi, I am Shreyansh Jain from India. Can't speak now
09:06:59 From Shreyansh Jain : Yeah it's fine
09:14:11 From Lukasz Gornicki : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ueeYM_0hck
09:14:46 From Lukasz Gornicki : https://github.com/asyncapi/template-for-generator-templates
09:30:53 From Shreyansh Jain : Yes
09:31:17 From Shreyansh Jain : Ok thanks
  • 2 participants
  • 28 minutes
chat
introduce
thanks
guest
discussion
talking
meet
vladimir
community
friendly
youtube image

11 Jan 2022

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #65.

Agenda and notes: https://github.com/asyncapi/community/issues/207

Chat:

17:07:24 From Lukasz Gornicki : https://github.com/asyncapi/spec/pull/584
17:12:09 From Jonas Lagoni : Does traits play a role here?
17:21:18 From Jonas Lagoni : Wonder if it makes sense to try to apply the change it to different scenarios? To see how it behaves?
17:21:27 From Jonas Lagoni : i.e. how is it applied to something like https://github.com/asyncapi/spec/tree/master/examples/social-media
17:22:25 From Sergio Moya : https://www.asyncapi.com/docs/specifications/v2.2.0#serverObject
17:22:31 From Sergio Moya : A declaration of which security mechanisms can be used with this server. The list of values includes alternative security requirement objects that can be used. Only one of the security requirement objects need to be satisfied to authorize a connection or operation.
17:22:39 From Fran Mendez : Yeah, I second that, Jonas. We should test it with use cases.
17:23:07 From Sergio Moya : +1 to test cases
17:25:52 From Sergio Moya : Kafka works as well. You can add security at channel (Topic) level, like ACL’s right?
17:26:16 From Sergio Moya : At Operation I mean 🙂
17:27:01 From Dale Lane : that makes sense for different credentials, but for different security mechanisms?
17:28:56 From Jonas Lagoni : https://swagger.io/docs/specification/authentication/oauth2/
17:40:29 From Refael Botbol Weiss : Just something I thought about - if this constrain is not mutual to all Async protocols... we might want to have an include file which specific to that use-case+protocol.. and reference it in the spec... that way we keep the simplicity but allow complex specs if needed
17:40:52 From Refael Botbol Weiss : From an AsyncAPI newbe... so feel free to ignore🙂
17:47:10 From Jonas Lagoni : Yep, good suggestion Refael, documenting the use-cases in actual examples is a good way to do it
17:50:34 From Fran Mendez : https://github.com/asyncapi/community/blob/master/TWEET_TOGETHER.md
18:00:24 From Abir Pal : Hey AsyncAPI, I am Abir (@imabptweets) .. and this is my first meeting.. Really found it great...and looking forward for first contributions :P
18:01:20 From Sergio Moya : Nice to see u here Abir
18:01:27 From Refael Botbol Weiss : Have to drop for my next meeting - it was super cool 🙂
18:02:06 From Abir Pal : Not yet.. Will message you in slack, for contributor resources
  • 8 participants
  • 59 minutes
conversation
api
hi
introduce
protocol
speak
message
chat
users
collaboration
youtube image

21 Dec 2021

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #64.

Agenda and notes:

09:07:12 From Lukasz Gornicki : https://www.asyncapi.com/blog/july-december-2021-at-asyncapi
  • 2 participants
  • 3 minutes
having
chat
breakfast
status
rest
sorry
christmas
community
tuesday
like
youtube image

7 Dec 2021

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #63.

Agenda and notes: https://github.com/asyncapi/community/issues/167

Chat:
17:04:54 From David Biesack : https://github.com/asyncapi/parser-js/issues/372
17:14:23 From David Biesack : code transformation in PR : https://github.com/asyncapi/nodejs-template/pull/82/commits/5191bfe19603416dd6969fc071805127caad9bf5
17:15:19 From David Biesack : I'll probably drop now, thanks!
17:15:57 From David Boyne : Tried to join and manage kids at the same time, not sure it’s possible, Gonna have to go be Dad 😄, will watch on the catch up, cheers!
17:17:34 From Lukasz Gornicki : https://asyncapi.slack.com/archives/C34F2JV0U/p1638206268228000
17:18:08 From Lukasz Gornicki : https://github.com/asyncapi/community/discussions/187
17:23:24 From Lukasz Gornicki : https://github.com/asyncapi/community/discussions/193
17:27:03 From Sergio Moya : LOOOOL
17:27:13 From Maciej Urbańczyk : XD
17:27:27 From Aayush : LOL
17:28:18 From Sergio Moya : Whats the name of your friend, Fran?
17:30:05 From Sergio Moya : My daughter is saying you Lukasz are wearing a “Christmas helmet”
17:30:12 From Sergio Moya : HELMET
17:30:15 From Sergio Moya : lol
17:31:07 From Aayush : Bye
17:31:08 From Sergio Moya : See u folks! thks
  • 6 participants
  • 28 minutes
apis
chat
members
discussions
recorded
thread
having
access
initiatives
schemas
youtube image

23 Nov 2021

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #62.

Agenda and notes: https://github.com/asyncapi/community/issues/166

Chat:
09:16:23 From David Boyne : We could explore Meetup Groups (AsyncAPI) stuff, but not sure…. We have the SIG people could join
09:16:34 From David Boyne : But Meetups could allow guest speakers ?
09:22:16 From Nic Townsend : Sorry my daughter has woken up and I’ll need to drop
09:22:29 From Nic Townsend : +1 to meetups etc and interview
09:24:51 From _acebuild : we can see your screen.
09:35:13 From Aayush Sahu : See ya!
  • 4 participants
  • 32 minutes
conference
discussions
presentations
speakers
invited
attend
updates
meetup
sessions
conferences
youtube image

9 Nov 2021

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #61.

Agenda and notes: https://github.com/asyncapi/community/issues/133

Chat:
17:08:05 From Alejandra Quetzalli : Holaaaaa Barbaño :D
17:08:05 From Lukasz Gornicki : https://github.com/asyncapi/spec/pull/594
17:08:20 From Barbaño : Hi :)
17:09:58 From Sergio Moya : I’ll need to leave in about 10 mins! But how cool is to see all your faces :D
17:10:09 From Alejandra Quetzalli : Que bueno verte Sergio :D !
17:10:54 From David Boyne : Yeah sorry got camera off I’m sorting out kids haha whilst listening
17:11:35 From Aayush Sahu : Hurry up Lukasz! :D
17:11:39 From Alejandra Quetzalli : Haha the joys of fatherhood, Dave
17:11:46 From Aayush Sahu : with the recording*
17:12:37 From Jonas Lagoni : https://github.com/asyncapi/community/discussions/157
17:16:20 From Sergio Moya : https://github.com/asyncapi/community/issues/163
17:16:57 From Alejandra Quetzalli : It’s so cool!!
17:19:58 From Alejandra Quetzalli : I like that idea!!
17:20:07 From Alejandra Quetzalli : A slack channel for changing to spec v3 could be so sueful
17:20:11 From Alejandra Quetzalli : useful*
17:25:00 From Sergio Moya : Have to leave. Don’t say anything Lukasz keep going with live video.
17:25:06 From Sergio Moya : Will keep up later
17:25:14 From Jonas Lagoni : Cya Sergio!
17:25:16 From David Boyne : Cya 👋
17:25:21 From Maciej Urbańczyk : Bye!
17:25:31 From Barbaño : Bye Sergio!
17:26:09 From David Boyne : If we git clone Jonas x 50 we can get the 3.0 release for Jan 🤠
17:26:16 From Alejandra Quetzalli : OMG hahahahahahah
17:26:21 From Alejandra Quetzalli : Git clone jonas
17:26:24 From Alejandra Quetzalli : 😂
17:27:29 From Alejandra Quetzalli : Thank you barbaño !!
17:27:34 From Alejandra Quetzalli : :D
17:29:15 From Lukasz Gornicki : https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1QBwLkkcVSFWL125ZvA22_quiRNbXQeXg
17:38:05 From _acebuild : This is super awesome!!!
17:40:45 From Lukasz Gornicki : https://github.com/asyncapi/spec/issues/622
18:03:38 From _acebuild : Thanks Guys
18:04:27 From Alejandra Quetzalli : Wohooo 🥳
18:05:18 From _acebuild : Lukasz send my swagggggggg
18:05:34 From Alejandra Quetzalli : All the SWAG
  • 8 participants
  • 1:00 hours
comments
proposal
discussion
host
request
objection
consensus
participants
registrations
submissions
youtube image

26 Oct 2021

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #59.

Agenda and notes: https://github.com/asyncapi/community/issues/111

Chat:
10:12:39 From Lukasz Gornicki : https://github.com/asyncapi/community/discussions/categories/asyncapi-hack-2021-submissions
10:12:59 From Lukasz Gornicki : https://github.com/asyncapi/community/discussions/71
10:29:51 From Nic Townsend : Apologies, I have to drop. Will catch the rest of this discussion on the replay 🙂
10:31:17 From Sergio Moya : https://github.com/asyncapi/spec/issues/618
10:32:53 From Fran Mendez : Collection
10:41:23 From Fran Mendez : https://github.com/asyncapi/spec/issues/628
10:41:28 From David Boyne : thanks
10:45:30 From David Boyne : https://github.com/asyncapi/event-gateway
10:47:52 From Lukasz Gornicki : https://github.com/asyncapi/community/labels/meeting
10:48:43 From George : Thank you all, consider my itch scratched ;)
  • 7 participants
  • 41 minutes
api
discussions
invited
community
kafka
hosting
eventing
hackathon
newbie
offering
youtube image

12 Oct 2021

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #59.

Agenda and notes: https://github.com/asyncapi/community/issues/83

Chat:
18:09:01 From Lukasz Gornicki : https://github.com/asyncapi/community/discussions/categories/ideas
18:17:08 From Aayush : 👏👏
18:17:21 From Deven Phillips : WOW! Awesome!
18:17:31 From David Boyne : 👏
18:24:08 From Sergio Moya : Jonas rocking on stage
18:25:05 From Deven Phillips : I’m interested in helping with generators.
18:25:15 From Deven Phillips : Specifically, I would like to help with Quarkus and Vert.x
18:26:37 From Deven Phillips : I cannot attend tomorrow unfortunately.
18:28:07 From David Boyne : Be good to understand how the js-parser works and how you could contribute to that too, (at some point in the future)
18:33:03 From Jonas Lagoni : For all relevant events you can add the calendar from here: https://github.com/asyncapi/community/#meetings
18:33:14 From Alejandra Quetzalli : Thank you!!
18:33:23 From Lukasz Gornicki : https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0/embed?src=tbrbfq4de5bcngt8okvev4lstk@group.calendar.google.com
18:33:27 From Irmin Nadir Palacios : Thank you
18:41:17 From Jesse Menning : agree with David.
18:43:24 From Sergio Moya : Have to leave folks, a pleasure! Take care
18:43:50 From Deven Phillips : +1 To Alejandra
18:45:11 From Aayush : +1 to Deven.
18:45:11 From Kin Lane (Postman) : +1000 to Deven & Alejandra
18:45:56 From Alejandra Quetzalli : That SEO I tell ya :D
18:48:01 From Alejandra Quetzalli : +1 to Irmin: “good also for non-technical people”
18:50:02 From Alejandra Quetzalli : So cool, David!! Thank you for doing this
18:51:57 From Deven Phillips : We should try to get metrics and journey data first to be able to compare.
18:52:10 From Alejandra Quetzalli : https://www.rust-lang.org/
18:54:22 From Irmin Nadir Palacios : You mean AB testing by polling questions? Or deploying different websites at the same time?
18:54:46 From Deven Phillips : Not sure if that is possible with netlify
18:55:10 From Irmin Nadir Palacios : That’s what I just thought. Ale. Great!✌🏻
18:55:44 From Deven Phillips : https://docs.netlify.com/site-deploys/split-testing/
18:58:18 From Deven Phillips : I’m drooling over the idea of an EventStorming webapp.
18:58:29 From Alejandra Quetzalli : :D
18:59:16 From Deven Phillips : With the advent of the pandemic, we have been unable to effectively run an event storming session with our customers.
19:02:05 From Lukasz Gornicki : https://github.com/asyncapi/community/discussions/91
19:05:01 From David Boyne : Thank you all 👋
19:05:28 From Aayush : Bye
  • 8 participants
  • 1:00 hours
chat
hi
introductions
community
discussions
meet
github
submissions
guys
initiative
youtube image

28 Sep 2021

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #58.

Agenda and notes: https://github.com/asyncapi/community/issues/82

Chat:
00:09:36 Lukasz Gornicki: https://conference.asyncapi.com/
00:14:05 Lukasz Gornicki: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=tbrbfq4de5bcngt8okvev4lstk%40group.calendar.google.com
00:16:40 Lukasz Gornicki: https://github.com/asyncapi/website/pull/324
00:18:57 Lukasz Gornicki: https://github.com/asyncapi/spec/blob/master/RELEASE_PROCESS.md
00:19:40 Ben Gamble: Sry my scrum is starting, have a great day all!
00:22:40 _acebuild: Yep!
00:23:06 Sergio Moya: 🎉
00:25:15 Viswa Ks: https://github.com/asyncapi/community/discussions/81 is this one ?
00:27:45 Lukasz Gornicki: https://www.asyncapi.com/slack-invite
00:28:34 Vladimír Gorej: No; looking forward for a release! ;]
  • 3 participants
  • 23 minutes
conference
registrations
invited
discussions
announce
chat
hi
morning
recorded
session
youtube image

14 Sep 2021

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #57.

https://github.com/asyncapi/community/issues/66

Chat:
00:08:23 NektariosFifes: hello
00:08:31 NektariosFifes: 1 sec I have an issue with my mic
00:14:47 Lukasz Gornicki: https://conference.asyncapi.com/
00:14:57 Kin Lane (Postman): WOOOHOOO!!
00:15:18 Lukasz Gornicki: https://opencollective.com/asyncapi/events/asyncapi-hackathon-and-conference-2021-3156d7af
00:17:24 Alejandra Olvera-Novack: YAY! yesss
00:17:37 Lukasz Gornicki: https://linuxfoundation.smapply.io/prog/asyncapi_conference_2021/
00:26:21 Jonas Lagoni: Will we utilize the TSC to be the group that will vote on talks or?
00:28:14 Lukasz Gornicki: https://github.com/asyncapi/community/discussions/categories/asyncapi-hack-conf-2021-organization
00:28:51 Alejandra Olvera-Novack: This is soooo cool ! 😎
00:30:14 Jonas Lagoni: Makes sense, I will follow up in the discussion
00:30:35 Charlton Port: do you have any idea of the expected size of the event?
00:30:49 Charlton Port: Also, are there any “themes” for the hackathon?
00:35:45 Charlton Port: One is: “Bring new AsyncAPI-related solutions that can solve the existing challenges the community is facing with event-driven architectures” - can you offer any examples
00:37:40 Charlton Port: Makes sense thank you!
00:40:10 _acebuild: POWER!
00:40:57 Lukasz Gornicki: https://github.com/asyncapi/community/blob/master/TSC_MEMBERS.json
00:42:27 Kin Lane (Postman): I will schedule a separate meeting to discuss across all of the API specifications. BIG PROBLEM!!
00:43:35 Alejandra Olvera-Novack: Yup
00:44:51 Lukasz Gornicki: https://groups.google.com/u/1/g/asyncapi-tsc-members
00:45:30 Lukasz Gornicki: https://github.com/asyncapi/.github/issues/47#issuecomment-918018877
00:48:17 Alejandra Olvera-Novack: Thank you :D
00:51:35 Aayush Sahu: Lemme know how can I help :)
00:52:03 Alejandra Olvera-Novack: I want to meet Kin’s dog !!
00:52:56 Aayush Sahu: The best part of the meeting xD
00:53:24 Sergio Moya: Sooo cute
  • 6 participants
  • 47 minutes
discussions
invite
hi
alejandra
community
introduce
apis
blog
commenting
submitting
youtube image

31 Aug 2021

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #56.

https://github.com/asyncapi/community/issues/53

Chat:

00:05:43 Lukasz Gornicki: https://www.asyncapi.com/blog/events2021
00:12:10 Lukasz Gornicki: https://community.linuxfoundation.org/events/details/lfhq-asyncapi-initiative-presents-coffee-with-asyncapi-community/
00:18:32 Sergio Moya Campaña: Related discussion about Marketing for the cons and hackaton: https://github.com/asyncapi/community/discussions/47
00:18:46 Sergio Moya Campaña: conf*
00:24:43 _acebuild: Putting it publicly would be a great idea IMO
00:28:40 _acebuild: The conf is free right?
00:29:10 _acebuild: What about personal people that want to contribute, are they the tier one?
00:31:14 _acebuild: Sharing data is that really a good idea?
00:31:57 _acebuild: Or are you going to let them know before signing up?
  • 4 participants
  • 37 minutes
hackathon
attendees
chat
hosting
morning
october
announce
oktoberfest
concerns
onboarding
youtube image

17 Aug 2021

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #55.

https://github.com/asyncapi/community/issues/51

Chat:

00:15:12 Michael Staub: This is like javascript Object.assign() which makes sense to me. Does it do a deep merge though? If the message had ‘Cat’ in the array would the final array also contain ‘Cat’?
00:16:34 Sergio Moya: Wouldn’t make sense to raise an error on tooling whenever a property is found in both places
00:16:34 Michael Staub: That answers my question.
00:16:58 Michael Staub: Or warning at least
00:19:33 Michael Staub: Here is a similar API: https://www.npmjs.com/package/deepmerge#options
00:20:13 Simon Heimler: Here is the PR: https://github.com/asyncapi/spec/pull/532
00:24:19 Sergio Moya: You can/should remove the all the `required` except chirp on the trait
00:26:50 Michael Staub: I think it makes sense as is, just needs to be better documented.
00:27:17 Michael Staub: I can’t think of a use-case where merging arrays would not be an code smell in the API?
00:42:41 Michael Staub: Perhaps the Object could have an ‘overrides’ field that specifies which traits ( or other sources ) that should be overridden?
00:42:50 Simon Heimler: https://jsfiddle.net/FannonF/yLsonr57/latest/
00:42:53 Michael Staub: So force the users to be explicit
00:44:41 Fran Mendez: I’m not sure I get it Michael. Mind expanding?
00:45:06 Michael Staub: Sure
00:49:32 Jonas Lagoni: That or create a trait object instead of relying only on JSON Schema for defining traits
00:52:25 Michael Staub: So create a DSL and ditch JSON?
00:53:05 Sergio Moya: HCL!
00:54:16 Hugo Guerrero: DSL for everyone! :)
00:55:02 Hugo Guerrero: That way we can secure our work for many many years
00:55:09 Sergio Moya: lol
00:55:14 Michael Staub: Decades*
00:55:20 Fran Mendez: Forever haha
00:55:30 Fran Mendez: XSD FTW
00:56:47 Michael Staub: If they coexist, then it will not be a breaking change, correct?
00:56:55 Simon Heimler: yes, I think so
00:57:02 Jonas Lagoni: Yep
01:00:39 Sergio Moya: Are u talking about FCL? FRAN CUSTOM LANGUAGE
01:00:55 Fran Mendez: You mean Extremeño?
01:01:36 Aayush Sahu: XD
01:01:37 Lukasz Gornicki: https://github.com/asyncapi/community/discussions
01:02:25 Simon Heimler: Ok, I'm not sure on the Breaking Change nature on a second thought. If you introduce a new feature that users start using and the tooling / consumers of the spec don't support it already it will break.
01:02:48 Michael Staub: thanks
  • 7 participants
  • 58 minutes
discussions
api
conference
public
proposal
chat
hackathon
participants
host
bot
youtube image

3 Aug 2021

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #54.


https://github.com/asyncapi/community/issues/43

Chat:

00:08:57 Aayush Sahu: No questions. Thanks :)
00:10:17 Lukasz Gornicki: https://github.com/asyncapi/community/pull/37/files
00:13:53 Lukasz Gornicki: https://www.asyncapiconf.com/
00:15:53 Aayush Sahu: speaking of marketing, can we implement something that nextjs does?
00:16:21 Aayush Sahu: wait, let me find that link.
00:16:52 Aayush Sahu: Like a virtual ticket kind of. Saying that you have participated in the conference. I'm finding the link
00:17:39 Aayush Sahu: https://nextjs.org/conf/tickets/jun21/aayushmau5#room-hy8xk
00:17:59 Aayush Sahu: It's free. It's just for a show. Things you can tweet
00:18:06 Aayush Sahu: to make people more aware i guess
00:18:47 Aayush Sahu: after registration.
00:18:50 Aayush Sahu: optional
00:19:01 Aayush Sahu: kinda of a marketing tactic
00:20:24 Aayush Sahu: WIll make a suggesting in the PR.
00:22:14 Aayush Sahu: Bye. Have a good day :D
  • 2 participants
  • 14 minutes
proposal
hackathon
conference
api
initiative
discussion
public
plan
announcement
2021
youtube image

20 Jul 2021

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #53.


https://github.com/asyncapi/community/issues/42



Chat:
00:09:19 Fran Méndez: https://github.com/asyncapi/spec/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md
00:09:36 Fran Méndez: https://github.com/asyncapi/spec/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md#stage-3-accepted
00:19:10 Fran Méndez: https://github.com/asyncapi/glee/
00:19:17 Kin Lane (Postman): That is what I came to see. ;-)
00:28:41 Aayush Sahu: oh, it's running the function based on the file name?
00:28:43 Sergio Moya: Folks, need to leave! See u on Slack!
00:28:50 Dale Lane: I have to run - this is looking really cool!
00:29:01 Aayush Sahu: Bye
00:35:41 Maciej Urbańczyk: Format of the repo name is create-{YOUR_NAME}-app
00:39:05 Fran Méndez: https://github.com/asyncapi/create-glee-app#options
00:40:43 Fran Méndez: https://github.com/asyncapi/glee/tree/master/examples/dummy-java
00:41:57 Fran Méndez: https://www.github.com/asyncapi/modelina
00:42:43 Fran Méndez: —experimental-java
00:43:21 Aayush Sahu: Bye. It was a good meeting :)
00:43:37 Michael Davis: Thanks, bye!
  • 6 participants
  • 41 minutes
server
discussion
collaboratively
websocket
client
onhello
chat
users
async
payload
youtube image

6 Jul 2021

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #52.

https://github.com/asyncapi/community/issues/34

Chat:
00:11:37 Jonas Lagoni: https://github.com/asyncapi/extensions-catalog/issues/5
00:13:19 Fran Mendez: And an API!
00:13:46 Fran Mendez: Just so the parser (and the UI) can get them
00:14:42 Mike Ralphson: https://github.com/RepreZen/Semoasa#semoasa---specification-extension-metadata-for-oas-annotations-draft
00:14:58 Sergio Moya: Hi folks!
00:15:05 Mike Ralphson: For the catalog UI we have this over at OAI https://spec.openapis.org/registry/extension/
00:15:40 Mike Ralphson: And Fran - we have an API! https://spec.openapis.org/api/extension.json
00:32:46 Fran Mendez: https://github.com/asyncapi/extensions-catalog/issues/1
00:40:52 Sergio Moya: 🦄🧚‍♀️🪄✨ Framework ✨🪄🧚‍♀️🦄
00:44:04 Fran Mendez: https://github.com/chbrown/rfc6902
00:44:38 Fran Mendez: Found it here: https://github.com/asyncapi/diff/issues/10
00:46:54 Fran Mendez: 1PM UTC
00:47:32 Fran Mendez: https://everytimezone.com/s/50845119
  • 5 participants
  • 39 minutes
extensions
apis
discussion
initiative
implementation
extension
versioned
proposal
project
gsoc
youtube image

22 Jun 2021

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #51.

https://github.com/asyncapi/community/issues/31

Chat:
00:21:14 Sergio Moya: Never disturbs :)
00:21:24 Marc DiPasquale: All good!
00:27:41 Fran Méndez: brb
00:27:43 Lukasz Gornicki: https://github.com/asyncapi/spec/issues/536#issuecomment-865898634
00:41:14 Kin Lane (Postman): You just did
00:41:30 Marc DiPasquale: So Kin is going to break everything?
00:41:40 Kin Lane (Postman): Yes! That is my job!
00:41:41 Mike Ralphson: No change there then.
00:41:44 Marc DiPasquale: lol
00:42:04 Lukasz Gornicki: https://www.asyncapi.com/blog/may-2021-at-asyncapi
  • 4 participants
  • 35 minutes
discussions
podcasts
api
host
listeners
currently
bot
requested
recorded
message
youtube image

8 Jun 2021

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #50.

https://github.com/asyncapi/community/issues/30

Chat:
00:11:51 Fran Méndez: https://github.com/asyncapi/spec/issues/513
00:13:34 Fran Méndez: https://github.com/asyncapi/community/issues/30
00:20:04 Fran Méndez: https://github.com/asyncapi/bindings/tree/master/kafka
00:23:46 Sergio Moya: Makes totally sense
00:28:09 arjungarg: Sorry, need to leave. Something came up
00:30:10 Sergio Moya: Http, kafka has headers. What else?
00:30:43 Jonas Lagoni: Nats :D
00:30:50 Jonas Lagoni: Others as well I bet
00:30:53 Fran Méndez: Mostly all of them, except WS?
00:31:12 Sergio Moya: Noice, then it is not too early to assume
00:36:42 Sergio Moya: Binding could use the one specified in the correlationId field but always open to be overridden
00:39:19 Sergio Moya: Folks, i need to log out as have an appointment. I love Gerald’s topic so i will like to check next issues you create
00:39:23 Sergio Moya: See u
00:47:02 Fran Méndez: https://github.com/asyncapi/spec/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md
00:49:08 Jonas Lagoni: https://github.com/asyncapi/bindings/commit/124c2112b55cdcb89b03014e811cd0de7c1abb42
00:50:22 Fran Méndez: https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi-node/blob/master/schemas/2.0.0.json
00:50:45 Jonas Lagoni: https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi-node/blob/dc0fce3db8392581a2528e083228852a8cd7893e/schemas/2.0.0.json#L754
00:55:15 Maciej Urbańczyk: https://github.com/asyncapi/spec/issues/507
  • 6 participants
  • 50 minutes
releases
plan
soon
house
discussion
process
ready
version
protocols
takes
youtube image

25 May 2021

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #49.

https://github.com/asyncapi/community/issues/27

Chat:
00:08:53 Fran Méndez: https://github.com/asyncapi/community/issues/27
00:09:01 Fran Méndez: Agenda ^
00:13:40 Lukasz Gornicki: https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/5554758561038336/#!
00:15:10 Lukasz Gornicki: https://github.com/asyncapi/spec/issues/536
00:23:26 Jonas Lagoni: Intent API: https://github.com/asyncapi/parser-api/blob/master/docs/v1.md
Discussion: https://github.com/asyncapi/parser-api/discussions/4#discussioncomment-775939
00:41:23 Mike Ralphson: Because the intent-driven parser API will be around longer than any one version of the spec, the naming conversation becomes much more important with regard to the parser.
00:54:04 Jonas Lagoni: Framework issue: https://github.com/asyncapi/shape-up-process/issues/75
00:54:29 _acebuild: Really need to go now, guys. It's nice attending this meeting
00:54:38 Fran Méndez: Thanks, Ace!
00:58:08 Kin Lane (Postman): Lukasz is subscribed to Fran.
01:00:23 Colin Sullivan: I need to drop off for another meeting - take care all!
  • 8 participants
  • 1:03 hours
lucas
conversation
hi
introductions
hosting
comments
colin
invited
world
curious
youtube image

11 May 2021

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #48.

https://github.com/asyncapi/community/issues/25

Chat:
00:32:44 Fran Méndez: Folks, I have to leave now. I’ll watch the recording later. Thanks a lot for bringing up this discussion! Cheers!
00:33:59 Lukasz Gornicki: https://github.com/asyncapi/training
00:41:27 Jonas Lagoni: https://github.com/asyncapi/spec/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md
00:44:54 Mike Ralphson: Happy to help review release notes etc
00:45:35 Aayush Sahu: I can also help with github actions.
  • 7 participants
  • 40 minutes
chat
presentation
meet
sharing
recording
session
sync
joining
collaboration
discussions
youtube image

27 Apr 2021

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #47.

https://github.com/asyncapi/community/issues/23

Chat:
00:07:38 Lukasz Gornicki: https://github.com/asyncapi/spec/issues/513
00:16:39 Aayush Sahu: I agree with Lukasz. December is holiday month
00:34:34 Sergio Moya: For the record, this is the issue about the Intent-driven API for the Parser(s) - https://github.com/asyncapi/shape-up-process/issues/82
00:42:29 Sergio Moya: You are gone re-join your prior company
01:03:04 Lukasz Gornicki: https://github.com/asyncapi/spec/pull/531/files
01:03:43 Fran Méndez: https://github.com/asyncapi/spec/issues/513
01:04:14 Aayush Sahu: Bye.
  • 9 participants
  • 60 minutes
discussions
release
announcement
chat
version
hi
staging
introduce
linux
public
youtube image

13 Apr 2021

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #46.

Agenda & Notes: https://github.com/asyncapi/community/issues/20

Chat:
00:30:23 Ben Gamble: Hi all, have to jump… the day job is calling…. Bye!
  • 8 participants
  • 54 minutes
meet
comments
oktoberfest
collaboration
joining
chatbot
asking
discussions
public
offer
youtube image

30 Mar 2021

  • 9 participants
  • 1:02 hours
live
youtube
recorded
congrats
currently
streaming
talked
announce
ciao
skype
youtube image

16 Mar 2021

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #44.

Agenda & Notes: https://github.com/asyncapi/community/issues/15

Chat:
00:09:15 Fran Méndez: https://www.asyncapi.com/slack-invite
00:11:58 Maciej Urbańczyk: https://github.com/asyncapi/spec/issues/507 JSOn Schema support
00:13:55 Fran Méndez: https://github.com/asyncapi/spec/pull/511
00:14:16 Fran Méndez: Stages for spec contribution that we’re going to apply from now on.
00:16:53 Lukasz Gornicki: Message Id in the spec https://github.com/asyncapi/spec/issues/458
00:22:16 Sergio Moya: 👶
00:26:54 Fran Méndez: https://github.com/asyncapi/spec/issues/390
00:49:42 Lukasz Gornicki: https://github.com/asyncapi/spec/issues/513
00:50:06 Lukasz Gornicki: https://github.com/asyncapi/spec/pull/511
00:52:43 Lukasz Gornicki: https://www.asyncapi.com/blog/february-2021-at-asyncapi
  • 7 participants
  • 52 minutes
chat
apis
subscribed
offering
joining
hi
client
sync
introduce
discussions
youtube image

2 Mar 2021

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #43.

Attendees:
We had 19 guests, sorry but didn't have time to write down all names.

Agenda & Notes: https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues/504

Chat:
00:07:57 Fran Méndez: Agenda is here: https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues/504
00:46:55 Mike Ralphson: Appreciate this is a work-in-progress, but "We are aware that our goals are insane" - is this choice of wording helpful in a mental-health context?
00:47:37 Mike Ralphson: Sorry my neighbours are doing building work so it's very noisy here.
00:47:50 Lorna Mitchell: "ambitious" maybe
00:48:00 Mike Ralphson: :thumbs-up:
00:48:01 Lorna Mitchell: proofreading services always available
00:51:19 Fran Méndez: https://shapeup.asyncapi.io
  • 8 participants
  • 59 minutes
recording
apis
conversation
subscribed
invite
protocol
taking
users
meet
chat
youtube image

16 Feb 2021

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #42.

Attendees:
We had 11 guests, sorry but didn't have time to write down all names.

Agenda & Notes: https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues/497

Chat:
00:15:19 Fran Méndez: https://hub.asyncapi.io
00:41:53 Fran Méndez: https://github.com/vadimdemedes/ink
00:50:46 Lukasz Gornicki: https://www.asyncapi.com/blog/january-2021-at-asyncapi
00:55:50 Fran Méndez: https://github.com/asyncapi/bindings/issues/40
00:55:57 Fran Méndez: https://github.com/asyncapi/bindings/issues/41
00:56:10 Fran Méndez: https://gist.github.com/dalelane/3931c17b14c51fa4a1cf25496237d188
00:56:38 Dale Lane: the link covers it
00:56:41 Dale Lane: thanks!
  • 11 participants
  • 52 minutes
api
hi
hosting
chat
joining
async
comments
initiative
request
client
youtube image

2 Feb 2021

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #41.

Attendees:
We had 17 guests, sorry but didn't have time to write down all names.

Agenda & Notes: https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues/480

Chat:
00:23:29 Zoltan: good point!, progress over perfection!
00:24:23 Laurent Broudoux: Issue for examples: https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues/329
00:27:36 Laurent Broudoux: Issues on Kafka bindings : https://github.com/asyncapi/bindings/issues/40 and https://github.com/asyncapi/bindings/issues/41
00:38:40 Lukasz Gornicki: https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/pull/468
00:42:57 Lukasz Gornicki: https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues/480
00:47:43 Lukasz Gornicki: https://github.com/asyncapi/.github/issues
00:53:49 Martin Fietkiewicz: p’szyz
01:01:35 Kin Lane (Postman): Bye everyone!! ;-)
01:03:42 Ian Cooper: I have to run, will be along again. Thanks, helped to get a feel for the community
01:03:43 Lukasz Gornicki: https://github.com/asyncapi/shape-up-process/issues/38
01:04:33 Marc DiPasquale: Thanks everyone!
01:04:37 Zoltan: Thx!
01:05:35 Laurent Broudoux: Bye everyone!
  • 11 participants
  • 60 minutes
listening
meet
apis
discussions
public
audience
requests
announcement
hi
chat
youtube image

19 Jan 2021

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #40.

Attendees:
Łukasz Górnicki
Fran Méndez
Maciej Urbańczyk
Clemens Vasters
Dale Lane
Lorna Mitchell
Barbaño González
Zoltan Simon
Ben Gamble

Agenda & Notes: https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues/474

Chat:
00:06:25 Fran Méndez: brb
00:09:45 Lukasz Gornicki: https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues/432
00:18:52 Maciej Urbańczyk: https://github.com/asyncapi/shape-up-process/issues there are issues in current cycle :)
00:19:08 Fran Méndez: https://shapeup.asyncapi.io/cycles/6301193
00:22:45 Lukasz Gornicki: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11g0ezAvrZGRYhe5NEV4fOq4zAnLQPmOow0egxgSokUs/edit?usp=sharing
00:57:30 Fran Méndez: https://github.com/cloudevents/spec/blob/v1.0.1/community/GOVERNANCE.md
01:00:04 Clemens Vasters: https://github.com/cloudevents/spec/blob/v1.0.1/primer.md#qualifying-protocols-and-encodings
01:04:26 Lukasz Gornicki: https://github.com/asyncapi/shape-up-process/issues/38
  • 9 participants
  • 1:01 hours
azure
chat
hosts
enterprise
conference
api
morning
offering
message
sync
youtube image

5 Jan 2021

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #38.

Attendees:
- Fran Mendez
- Kin Lane
- Zoltan Simon
- Swapnil Surve
- Dale Lane
almost Marc DiPasquale :D

Agenda & Notes: https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues/472

Chat:
00:17:13 Fran Méndez: https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues
00:19:10 Zoltan: {
"subscribe": {
"message": {
"oneOf": [
{ "$ref": "#/components/messages/signup" },
{ "$ref": "#/components/messages/login" }
]
}
}
}
00:30:15 Fran Méndez: https://github.com/asyncapi/extensions-catalog
00:32:05 Kin Lane (Postman): Here are the discussions around cataloging extensions across API specifications - https://github.com/api-specification-toolbox/home/issues/24
00:42:18 Kin Lane (Postman): http://api.specificationtoolbox.com/
01:03:25 Fran Méndez: https://www.youtube.com/asyncapi
  • 6 participants
  • 57 minutes
2020
welcomes
kpi
community
protocols
ongoing
hey
taking
thanks
concern
youtube image

22 Dec 2020

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #38.

Attendees:
- Fran Mendez
- Jonas Lagoni
- Lukasz Gornicki

Agenda & Notes: https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues/471

Chat:
09:31:47 From Lukasz Gornicki : https://github.com/asyncapi/generator/blob/master/docs/authoring.md#react
09:32:24 From Lukasz Gornicki : https://github.com/asyncapi/template-for-generator-templates
09:32:41 From Lukasz Gornicki : https://github.com/asyncapi/markdown-template
09:33:58 From Lukasz Gornicki : https://shapeup.asyncapi.io/cycles/6054195
  • 5 participants
  • 17 minutes
chat
sharing
video
kovit
taking
join
screen
audience
problems
message
youtube image

8 Dec 2020

This is a pretty unusual edition of our SIG meeting. We have an important announcement for our community, so set a reminder to not miss it.


The meeting is live-streamed to our YouTube, Twitch and Twitter channels:
- https://www.twitch.tv/asyncapi
- https://youtube.com/asyncapi
- https://twitter.com/AsyncAPISpec


You can also join us live on Zoom as usual. Connection details are here: https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues/464
  • 11 participants
  • 1:19 hours
streaming
twitter
twitch
webcams
youtube
microphones
watched
broadcasting
subscribed
video
youtube image

24 Nov 2020

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #36.

Attendees:
- Fran Mendez
- Jonas Lagoni
- Lukasz Gornicki

- Pavel Bodiachevskii
- Waleed Ashraf



Agenda & Notes: https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues/462

Chat:
00:14:50 Fran Méndez: Logos: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17XAR-6D8Le7iQT3Y6laKNBsaGj_8DStF?usp=sharing
00:36:18 Fran Méndez: Shape Up repo: https://github.com/asyncapi/shape-up-process/issues
00:36:32 Fran Méndez: Landing: https://shapeup.asyncapi.io/
01:00:37 Lukasz Gornicki: I think I’m behind
01:00:38 Lukasz Gornicki: proceed
01:00:38 Lukasz Gornicki: I see you are freezed
01:01:38 Jonas Lagoni: Had to rejoin, dont think zoom is having a good day :D
01:01:53 Lukasz Gornicki: Ufff, I though it is just me again :D
  • 8 participants
  • 1:09 hours
proposal
kpi
repositories
issue
showing
thanks
package
announcement
client
come
youtube image

10 Nov 2020

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #35.

Attendees:
- Fran Mendez

- Jonas Lagoni
- Lukasz Gornicki
- Francisco Javier Antúnez Durán


Agenda & Notes: https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues/459

Chat:
(no chat this time)
  • 3 participants
  • 9 minutes
announcements
tomorrow
plan
utc
version
oktoberfest
europe
generator
react
issue
youtube image

27 Oct 2020

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #34.

Attendees:
- Fran Mendez
- Laurent Broudoux

Agenda & Notes: https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues/455

Chat:
(no chat this time)
  • 2 participants
  • 53 minutes
microx
microservices
micro
microserver
demo
users
interface
setups
micros
microax
youtube image

13 Oct 2020

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #33.

Attendees:
- Fran Mendez
- Zoltan

Moderation:
- Łukasz Gornicki

Agenda & Notes: https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues/451

Chat:
00:22:27 Fran Méndez: https://github.com/cloudevents/spec/issues
00:23:05 Fran Méndez: https://github.com/cloudevents/spec/blob/master/schemaregistry/schemaregistry.md
  • 5 participants
  • 14 minutes
oktoberfest
collaboration
meetups
important
october
experience
attend
recording
having
webinar
youtube image

29 Sep 2020

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #32.


Attendees:

- Paul Taylor
- Fran Mendez
- Jonas Lagoni

- Ben Gamble



Moderation:


- Łukasz Gornicki



Agenda & Notes:https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues/443



Chat:

00:16:16 Jonas Lagoni: https://github.com/asyncapi/dotnet-nats-template/pull/1

00:19:26 Fran Méndez: nats.io00:19:30 Fran Méndez: https://nats.io
00:22:42 Jonas Lagoni: https://github.com/asyncapi/ts-nats-template/pull/1

00:31:49 Fran Méndez: https://github.com/asyncapi/generator/issues/414

00:40:30 Fran Méndez: https://json-schema.org/understanding-json-schema/reference/numeric.html
  • 9 participants
  • 55 minutes
oktoberfest
hacktoberfest
discussion
recording
participants
problems
tooling
protocols
octoberfest
hi
youtube image

15 Sep 2020

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #31.

Attendees:
- Collin Sullivan
- Fran Mendez
- Jonas Lagoni

Moderation:
- Łukasz Gornicki

Agenda & Notes:
https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues/435
  • 5 participants
  • 37 minutes
template
tooling
generator
topics
boilerplate
preparations
api
maintainer
templates
hosting
youtube image

1 Sep 2020

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #30.

Attendees:

- Lorna Mitchell
- Paul Taylor


Moderation:
- Fran Mendez

Agenda & Notes:
https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues/430
  • 5 participants
  • 39 minutes
avro
kafka
discussed
cloud
morning
meta
spain
expect
thanks
taking
youtube image

18 Aug 2020

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #29.

Attendees:
- Lukasz Gornicki
- Jonas Lagoni
- Michael Davis
- Alberto Ricart

Moderation:
- Lukasz Gornicki

Agenda & Notes:
https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues/425

Chat Dump:
00:15:24 Lukasz Gornicki: https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues/425
00:18:06 Lukasz Gornicki: https://github.com/asyncapi/parser-js/issues/119
00:25:50 Lukasz Gornicki: https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues/423
00:39:46 Jonas Lagoni: ==it was not possible to put code sample here because of the brackets==
00:46:01 Jonas Lagoni: https://github.com/asyncapi/generator/issues/388
00:46:42 Jonas Lagoni: https://github.com/asyncapi/generator/issues/391
  • 4 participants
  • 53 minutes
parser
issue
chat
ready
async
comments
processing
repo
currently
server
youtube image

21 Jul 2020

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #28.

Attendees:
- Fran Mendez
- Francesco Nobilia

- Jonas Lagoni
- Jonathan Schabowsky
- Lorna Mitchell

- Marc DiPasquale
- Nishchit Dhanani



Moderation:
- Fran Mendez

Agenda & Notes:
https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues/404

Chat Dump:
18:19:25 From Fran Méndez : https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues/390
18:24:42 From Nishchit Dhanani : Sorry, My screen was hung.
19:00:42 From Lorna Mitchell : I need to skip to my next meeting. Nice to "meet" you all!
19:05:39 From Marc DiPasquale : Sorry I have to drop, but nice talking with you all as well!
  • 8 participants
  • 1:02 hours
protocol
subscribed
reply
publish
proposal
message
requestor
discussions
posting
client
youtube image

7 Jul 2020

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #27.

Attendees:

- Fran Mendez
- Francesco Nobilia
- Łukasz Gornicki
- Paul Taylor

Moderation:
- Łukasz Gornicki

Agenda & Notes:
https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues/401

Chat Dump:
00:23:16 Fran Méndez: https://deploy-preview-108--asyncapi-website.netlify.app/docs/specifications/2.0.0#serverObject
00:49:43 Fran Méndez: https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/tree/master/versions/2.0.0
  • 6 participants
  • 47 minutes
release
api
parser
currently
version
blog
newsletters
public
service
notice
youtube image

23 Jun 2020

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #26.

Attendees:
- Colin Sullivan
- Fran Mendez
- Łukasz Gornicki
- Marc DiPasquale
- Mohammed Rizwan

Moderation:
- Łukasz Gornicki

Agenda & Notes:
https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues/394

Chat Dump:
00:45:25 Colin Sullivan: Hi all, I need to drop off. Take care, see you next meeting.
00:47:07 Fran Méndez: https://github.com/asyncapi/tck/issues/16
00:47:20 Fran Méndez: https://github.com/asyncapi/tck/issues/15
  • 7 participants
  • 40 minutes
having
host
ready
objections
conversation
receive
generator
today
come
support
youtube image

9 Jun 2020

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #24.


Attendees:
- Fran Mendez

- Łukasz Gornicki
- Madhusudhan
- Mohammed Rizwan

- Zoltan Simon

Moderation:
- Fran Mendez
- Łukasz Gornicki

Agenda & Notes:
https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues/392

Chat Dump:
00:24:00 Fran Méndez: https://github.com/asyncapi/website/pull/108
00:29:35 Fran Méndez: quicktype.io
00:30:41 Fran Méndez: https://github.com/asyncapi/generator/issues/216
00:39:19 Fran Méndez: https://asyncapi.com/slack-invite
00:58:18 Fran Méndez: https://github.com/asyncapi/.github/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md
01:02:52 Fran Méndez: Software AG right?
01:03:27 Mohammed Rizwan: Yes
01:03:57 Fran Méndez: https://github.com/asyncapi/tck/
01:06:22 Fran Méndez: https://github.com/aml-org/amf
  • 7 participants
  • 57 minutes
discussed
preview
tooling
share
version
project
configuration
spec
menu
currently
youtube image

26 May 2020

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #23.


Attendees:
- Collin Sullivan
- Fran Mendez
- Jonas Lagoni
- Laurent Broudoux
- Łukasz Gornicki
- Semen Tenischev
- Yacine Kheddache

Moderation:
- Fran Mendez
- Łukasz Gornicki

Agenda & Notes:
https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues/384

Chat Dump:
00:48:01 Fran Méndez: https://github.com/asyncapi/extensions-catalog
00:58:27 Colin Sullivan: This is a very cool project - anything that shortens time to value in k8s is high value!
01:01:12 Laurent Broudoux: Thanks a lot Collin !
  • 7 participants
  • 59 minutes
api
generators
nats
users
scripting
ready
server
chat
discussions
dispatching
youtube image

12 May 2020

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #23.

Attendees:
- Fran Mendez
- Łukasz Gornicki
- Michal Hudy
- Paul Taylor
- Vijay Chandras

Moderation:
- Fran Mendez
- Łukasz Gornicki


Agenda & Notes:
https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues/378
  • 5 participants
  • 30 minutes
thanks
meet
visitors
utc
sync
pope
okay
message
enjoy
currently
youtube image

28 Apr 2020

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #22.


Attendees:
- Dan Weese

- Emmelyn Wang
- Fran Mendez
- Jonas Lagoni
- Łukasz Gornicki
- Marc DiPasquale



Moderation:
- Fran Mendez
- Łukasz Gornicki


Agenda & Notes:
https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues/375
  • 8 participants
  • 55 minutes
conference
hosting
recording
votes
audience
chat
views
000
users
event
youtube image

14 Apr 2020

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #21.


Attendees:
- Daniel Moellenbeck
- Fran Mendez
- Francesco Nobilia
- Jonas Lagoni
- Jonathan Schabowsky
- Łukasz Gornicki
- Manish Yadav
- Semen Tenischev


Moderation:
- Fran Mendez
- Łukasz Gornicki


Agenda & Notes:
https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues/362


Chat Dump:
18:14:39 From Fran Méndez : FYI, there’s an issue here: https://github.com/asyncapi/generator/issues/159
18:26:54 From Fran Méndez : https://www.asyncapiconf.com
  • 8 participants
  • 40 minutes
api
rundle
streaming
bp
launch
leveraging
conversation
blog
hey
protocol
youtube image

31 Mar 2020

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #20.

Attendees:



- Emmelyn Wang

- Fran Méndez
- Jeff Bruns

- Jonas Lagoni

- Jonathan Schabowsky

- Łukasz Gornicki
- Manik Magar

- Marc DiPasquale
- Nabheet Madan



Moderation:
- Fran Méndez
- Łukasz Gornicki

Agenda & Notes:
https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues/356


Chat Dump:
18:14:35 From Fran Méndez : https://github.com/asyncapi/raml-dt-schema-parser/
18:19:17 From Jonas Lagoni : I have a question whenever we run out of things to talk about if we have time :)
18:30:16 From Jeff Bruns : Got to run guys. Excited to learn more about async API and how it might help us document our messaging platform. See you next time!
18:32:41 From Fran Méndez : /{myQueueName}
18:33:51 From Fran Méndez : https://github.com/asyncapi/bindings/tree/master/amqp#fixed-fields
18:35:09 From Manik Magar : channels:
queues/{queueId}:
bindings:
18:35:37 From Fran Méndez : channels: queues/{queueId}: parameters:
18:36:08 From Fran Méndez : https://www.asyncapi.com/docs/specifications/2.0.0/#channelItemObject
18:37:30 From Fran Méndez : This is the conference: https://stayathomeconf.com/
18:50:34 From Emmelyn Wang : I saw Lukas Rosenstock shared the @EveryTimeZone to help optimize global zoom events
18:54:51 From Marc DiPasquale : That’s pretty cool!
18:54:56 From Marc DiPasquale : Thanks Emmelyn
  • 12 participants
  • 57 minutes
api
emily
streamed
developer
data
kubernetes
discussion
server
women
integrations
youtube image

17 Mar 2020

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #19.

Attendees:

- Fran Méndez
- Francesco Nobilia
- Łukasz Gornicki

Moderation:
- Łukasz Gornicki

Agenda & Notes:
https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues/320


Chat Dump:
18:59:39 From Francesco Nobilia : Sorry guys I need to go! See you in 2 weeks time. Have a good one! =)
19:04:37 From Lukasz Gornicki : https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/asyncapi-users
  • 3 participants
  • 46 minutes
automated
repos
packages
announcing
comet
launch
push
version
bots
milestones
youtube image

3 Mar 2020

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #18.

Attendees:
- Fran Méndez
- Jonas Lagoni
- Łukasz Gornicki
- Maxime Deveaux
- Michael Davis
- Waleed Ashraf

Moderation:
- Łukasz Gornicki

Agenda & Notes:
https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues/316


Chat Dump:
18:04:36 From Fran Méndez : You can find the agenda here: https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues/316
18:04:50 From Lukasz Gornicki : https://app.zenhub.com/workspaces/asyncapi-initiative-5e541969da30b0bc34628b22/board?repos=74170071,127419043,156510564,204180806,196052288,242810291,186131784,177837382,142165796,171746596,176187501,185056443,232409614,240340575,91116029&showPRs=false
19:00:12 From waleed : I have to drop off, i'll follow up in slack
19:00:30 From Fran Méndez : thanks man
19:00:32 From waleed : see ya all \o/
19:00:34 From Fran Méndez : see ya
  • 5 participants
  • 1:02 hours
initiative
workspaces
hi
repositories
api
demoing
discussion
registry
view
reorganize
youtube image

18 Feb 2020

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #17.

Attendees:
- Fran Méndez
- Francesco Nobilia
- Łukasz Gornicki
- Michal Hudy

Moderation:
- Łukasz Gornicki

Agenda & Notes:
https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues/310


Chat Dump:
00:12:42 Fran Méndez: template for commits?
00:15:59 Francesco Nobilia: https://thoughtbot.com/blog/better-commit-messages-with-a-gitmessage-template
00:21:13 Fran Méndez: We should probably adopt the best practices for each of the communities instead of trying to come up with a new approach.
00:21:56 Fran Méndez: :)
00:22:59 Fran Méndez: Don't have an opinion on which one we should use.
00:23:32 Fran Méndez: Gratis!
00:27:21 Fran Méndez: My only concern with Github actions is that we'd probably be betting too much on GitHub and we could get vendor locked in the future. Not a big concern but worth thinking about it.
00:28:59 Fran Méndez: Yup, not a big problem.
00:31:06 Fran Méndez: Admins can still bypass this limitation, right? :troll:
00:31:34 Fran Méndez: I'd disable it
00:31:36 Fran Méndez: hahaha
00:31:42 Fran Méndez: kidding
00:33:24 Fran Méndez: It's actually better
00:33:38 Fran Méndez: We'll experience what others are experiencing
  • 3 participants
  • 43 minutes
discussions
onboarding
recording
chat
taking
subscribed
listening
visiting
hey
asking
youtube image

4 Feb 2020

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #16.

Attendees:

- Fran Méndez
- Łukasz Gornicki
- Michael Davis

Moderation:
- Fran Méndez

Agenda:
- Channel deprecation (Fran)
- Generator templates parameters (Fran)
- Contribution workflow (Łukasz)
- Website publishing automation (Łukasz)



Chat dump:


18:05:56 From Fran Méndez : https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues/304
18:08:00 From Fran Méndez : …
18:08:02 From Fran Méndez : https://github.com/asyncapi/asyncapi/issues/305
  • 5 participants
  • 1:01 hours
deprecation
discussion
channel
appertaining
inconsistencies
important
understanding
subscribers
functionality
warning
youtube image

21 Jan 2020

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #15.

Attendees:
- Fran Méndez
- Jonas Lagoni
- Michael Davis
- Robert Diebels

Moderation:
- Fran Méndez

Agenda:
- Channel deprecation
- Generator templates maturity and ownership
- Q&A



Chat dump:
18:11:43 From Robert Diebels : Was lagoni.
18:21:36 From Robert Diebels : Are there any implementations of this at a protocol level?
18:22:04 From Robert Diebels : Other than HTTP.
18:26:06 From Fran Méndez : I don’t know any other protocol implementing this
18:30:21 From Robert Diebels : Shouldn't a template support everything that's in the version of the spec it's templating for? I don't think a valid spec should lead to generated code that's incomplete.
18:32:10 From Fran Méndez : https://app.quicktype.io/
18:34:26 From Robert Diebels : They have an NPM package afaics.
18:38:14 From Fran Méndez : https://github.com/quicktype/quicktype/issues/1293
18:42:54 From Robert Diebels : What about creating plugins?
  • 3 participants
  • 40 minutes
channels
versioning
deprecation
decentralized
protocol
thinking
issue
channel
functionality
messaging
youtube image

12 Nov 2019

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #14.

Attendees:
- Fran Méndez
- Jonas Lagoni
- Nishchit Dhanani
- Waleed Ashraf

Moderation:
- Fran Méndez

Agenda:
- Paid collaboration program
- Repositories security
- Q&A
  • 4 participants
  • 33 minutes
parsers
path
smtp
method
export
violence
streaming
browse
json
generator
youtube image

3 Sep 2019

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #13.

Attendees:
- Emmelyn Wang
- Fran Méndez
- James Higginbotham
- Jonathan Schabowsky
- Łukasz Gornicki
- Marc DiPasquale
- Raisel Melian
- Travis Reeder
- Waleed Ashraf

Moderation:
- Fran Méndez

Agenda:
- Publish/Subscribe semantics
  • 9 participants
  • 1:15 hours
subscribers
opinions
publish
users
client
proposal
public
consumers
democratically
subscribed
youtube image

6 Aug 2019

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #12.

Attendees:
- Fran Méndez
- Łukasz Gornicki
- Marcin Witalis
- Waleed Ashraf

Moderation:
- Fran Méndez

Agenda:
- AsyncAPI 2.0.0-rc1
- Go parser implementation discussion
- Q&A

Chat notes:

18:23:59 From Fran Méndez : https://github.com/asyncapi/parser-js/blob/master/test/asyncapi.yaml
18:25:45 From Fran Méndez : Check out this repo: https://github.com/asyncapi/parser-generator
18:28:02 From Fran Méndez : …
18:28:03 From Fran Méndez : https://github.com/asyncapi/parser-generator
18:28:15 From Fran Méndez : ...
18:28:17 From Fran Méndez : https://github.com/asyncapi/parser-js/blob/master/test/asyncapi.yaml
18:42:07 From Fran Méndez : resolveTraits: true
18:50:56 From Fran Méndez : https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6901
18:52:07 From Fran Méndez : "/a~1b"
18:53:21 From Fran Méndez : https://github.com/APIDevTools/json-schema-ref-parser
18:53:39 From Fran Méndez : dereference
  • 4 participants
  • 55 minutes
version
parser
reviewing
ready
validated
concerned
finished
improvements
spec
process
youtube image

9 Jul 2019

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #11.

Attendees:
- Abel Cal
- Andrew Snodgrass
- Fran Méndez
- Łukasz Gornicki
- Marc DiPasquale
- Raisel Melián
- Rubén Hervás

Moderation:
- Fran Méndez

Agenda:
- Contributions from Kyma (Converter and REST service) — Łukasz Gornicki
- WebAssembly PoC — Łukasz Gornicki
- Issues review
- Q&A
  • 7 participants
  • 57 minutes
parser
webp
rendering
vpi
pluggable
megabytes
goes
browser
application
server
youtube image

25 Jun 2019

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #10.

Attendees:
- Andrew Snodgrass
- Emmelyn Wang
- Fran Méndez
- Łukasz Gornicki
- Michael Davis
- Scott Vorthmann

Moderation:
- Fran Méndez

Agenda:
- Tasks review
- JS parser FFI issue (asyncapi/generator#61)
- Q&A
  • 7 participants
  • 56 minutes
generators
nodejs
project
maintenance
going
process
issue
host
inspect
tooling
youtube image

11 Jun 2019

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #9.

Attendees:
- Andrew Snodgrass
- Fran Méndez
- Łukasz Gornicki
- Marc DiPasquale
- Rubén Hervás
- Scott Vorthmann

Moderation:
- Fran Méndez

Agenda:
- Review: An application is not an API in EDA (Scott)
- Review: Unclear / odd semantics of multiple servers (Scott)
- Review: Application id should not be mandatory (Łukasz, Fran)
- Fran on review and launch dates.
- Q&A
  • 5 participants
  • 55 minutes
api
discussion
app
announcing
protocol
semantics
version
sdk
proposed
enterprise
youtube image

14 May 2019

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #8.

Attendees:
- Andrew Snodgrass
- Fran Méndez
- Jon Park
- Raji Narayanan

Moderation:
- Fran Méndez

Agenda:
- AsyncAPI + Flogo demo by TIBCO.
  • 4 participants
  • 23 minutes
api
gateways
server
language
program
interface
kafka
micro
schemas
concept
youtube image

30 Apr 2019

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #7.

Attendees:
- Andrew Snodgrass
- Fran Méndez
- Jonathan Schabowsky
- Marc DiPasquale
- Michael Davis
- Raji Narayanan
- Rubén Hervás

Moderation:
- Fran Méndez

Agenda:
- Getting started guide
- Generator for AsyncAPI 2.0.0
- AsyncAPI 2.0.0 parser
- Q&A
  • 6 participants
  • 35 minutes
api
understanding
kpi
launched
architectures
client
access
progressing
protocols
collaboration
youtube image

16 Apr 2019

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #6.

Attendees:
- Emmelyn Wang
- Fran Méndez
- Jonathan Schabowsky
- Marc DiPasquale
- Rubén Hervás

Moderation:
- Fran Méndez

Agenda:
No agenda, but we discussed how to improve user-facing documentation and help onboarding contributors.

Chat records:
18:07:34 From Emmelyn Wang : https://github.com/u1i/axway-wcam-lab
18:40:33 From Emmelyn Wang : https://hub.packtpub.com/google-introduces-season-of-docs-that-will-connect-technical-writers-and-mentors-with-open-source-projects/
18:41:42 From Emmelyn Wang : Have we applied? https://opensource.googleblog.com/2019/03/introducing-season-of-docs.html If not, I'd like to do so.
18:50:11 From Emmelyn Wang : https://aws.amazon.com/architecture/icons/
  • 5 participants
  • 49 minutes
collaborating
webinar
workflow
workshops
conversations
asynchronous
concerns
conference
plans
services
youtube image

2 Apr 2019

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #5.

Attendees:
- Dirk Rejahl
- Emmelyn Wang
- Fran Méndez
- Jonathan Schabowsky
- Michael Davis
- Raisel Melian

Moderation:
- Fran Méndez

Agenda:
* AsyncAPI 2.0.0-rc1, what's missing?
* Roadmap to AsyncAPI 2.0.0 release.
* Q&A
  • 6 participants
  • 56 minutes
launch
api
version
announcement
protocol
developer
discussions
hi
currently
decent
youtube image

18 Mar 2019

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #4.

Attendees:
- Emmelyn Wang
- Fran Méndez
- Ingo Muschenetz
- Michael Davis
- Praful Rana
- Raisel Melian
- Scott Nichols

Moderation:
- Fran Méndez

Agenda:
* Current status of the tooling.
* Plans for AsyncAPI 2 announcement.
* Q&A
  • 4 participants
  • 26 minutes
tooling
github
chat
version
parser
golang
apps
editor
stuff
kubernetes
youtube image

5 Mar 2019

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #3.

Attendees:
- Fran Méndez
- Jonathan Schabowsky
- Mike Ralphson
- Raisel Melian
- Scott Nichols
- And a troll

Moderation:
- Fran Méndez

Agenda:
* Tooling plan discussion (20 minutes)
* Questions and feedback? (15 minutes)
  • 5 participants
  • 34 minutes
api
process
parser
serialize
asynchronously
registry
conversation
specifying
metadata
protocol
youtube image

19 Feb 2019

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #2.

Attendees:
* Emmelyn Wang
* Enrico Hofmann
* Fran Méndez - Moderation
* Mike Ralphson
* Raisel Melian

Agenda:
* AsyncAPI 2.0.0 status update
* Roadmap for tooling and proposals on how to build tools
* Q&A
  • 4 participants
  • 59 minutes
message
schemas
vlogs
interface
updated
servers
status
topics
protocol
helpers
youtube image

5 Feb 2019

This is the recording for the AsyncAPI Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting #1.

Attendees:
- Fran Méndez
- Jonathan Schabowsky
- Mike Ralphson
- Raisel Melian

Moderation:
- Fran Méndez
- Jonathan Schabowsky

Agenda:
* Hey! We have an agenda! (10 minutes)
- New SIG meetings.
- New Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIz9zGwDLbrYQcDKVXdOstQ
- New cadence, now meetings are every 2 weeks.
* Communicating publicly (15 minutes)
- Strategies for the #coreteam channel.
- How to organize the conversations in Slack.
* Core team communication and processes (15 minutes)
- Let’s do as much async and written communication as possible.
- Github issues triaging.
- Defining the roadmap and the vision.
* Questions and feedback? (15 minutes)
  • 6 participants
  • 53 minutes
public
collaboration
api
administration
channel
protocol
discussion
transparency
private
communicating
youtube image