DASH / Behavioral Model WG

Add meeting Rate page Subscribe

DASH / Behavioral Model WG

These are all the meetings we have in "Behavioral Model WG" (part of the organization "DASH"). Click into individual meeting pages to watch the recording and search or read the transcript.

1 Dec 2022

BMV2 implementation ignores and sends packet out on same interface. Test will still work with default route that is pointing to both interfaces. Gap is underlay MAC address that was pushed needs to be updated. If we can plumb in MAC address using existing SAI API.
We need P4 table updated just enough
Marian – agree MAC address portion is open

Created Issue 292 and assigned to James Lo (Accton)
Basic underlay routing bmv2 to handle MAC address updates/resolution #292

IPv6 & IPv4 scale again
  • 7 participants
  • 32 minutes
annotations
updates
behavioral
analyzing
implementation
adding
notes
issue
chat
backlog
youtube image

10 Nov 2022

Underlay routing for overlay tests to run on bmv2 or hardware
Volodymyr writing functional tests for overlay, but have expectations on underlay routing, cannot run on bmv2 as written.
Underlay MAC and possibly DMAC programming, perhaps another table. Minimalist SAI API to support it.
  • 9 participants
  • 42 minutes
routers
router
routing
ethernet
ports
gateways
interfaces
configuration
network
configure
youtube image

3 Nov 2022

PR249 to introduce a new container - mainly about dockers, it builds P4c used to build/compile the bmv2
New image, rules to build, docker file itself; things left to be done are CI updates and docker repo (away from Chris')

PR1630 in opencomputeproject/SAI list of prefixes instead of /32's or /128 IPv6 addresses

SAI annotations is something we would like to have - backlog - use P4 annotations instead of heuristic in the code generator

PINS project: there is no public code w/PINS implementation w/SONiC VS or bmv2 at this moment
  • 6 participants
  • 29 minutes
p4c
ports
updates
configuration
dockers
behavioral
prs
249
annotations
acai
youtube image

27 Oct 2022

Chris Sommers provided overview of structured annotations, P4 runtime spec
Virtualized ReDis SyncD addition to BMV2 GitHub project
Closed PRs 268, 264, 263, 232
  • 9 participants
  • 43 minutes
p4
discussed
comments
annotations
concern
showing
ocp
fixing
processed
chris
youtube image

6 Oct 2022

Behavioral Model Workflow README.md
https://github.com/Azure/DASH/blob/main/dash-pipeline/README-dash-workflows.md

NVidia is working on SAI API SONiC changes in priority over bmv2, then will go back to P4c changes

https://github.com/Azure/DASH/pull/240 - Make SAI attrs mandatory for drop-on-miss tables
Big 'P4 Annotations' discussion - Chris to experiment

https://github.com/Azure/DASH/pull/246 SAI bulk add/remove implementation - the idea is to support the definition; we have entries and objects w/bulk create and bulk remove
  • 8 participants
  • 52 minutes
discussion
workflow
proposing
implementation
showing
plan
finalize
proceed
present
bmv
youtube image

22 Sep 2022

Reshma hosting :)
  • 11 participants
  • 1:03 hours
enhancements
protocol
interfaces
processing
v9
bmv2
sync
backlog
roadmap
bni
youtube image

1 Sep 2022

PR207 Marian will approve right now

PR201 includes more than just renaming APIs to be compatible w/SONiC software; Fixes make file, Autogeneration of utils, etc…
Chris to play w/autogen today

PR202 Marian to try this today now that he has his environment back

Chris Sommers to continue working with ACR and Runners for images
  • 5 participants
  • 23 minutes
pr201
approve
validation
status
193
issue
permit
finally
maintainers
merge
youtube image

18 Aug 2022

Working toward a stable SONiC API - we are 2 PRs away
XN tracking is also pending this work
  • 6 participants
  • 11 minutes
requests
review
updates
comments
ahead
handled
project
status
suggested
pull
youtube image

11 Aug 2022

8/11/2022 -
Mukesh: PR187 - Default drop support for P4 table miss w/o generating SAI drop action
Correcting lingering issues to restore positive tests
Drops at end of pipeline (for counters)
Hanif: are we saying this is a stop-gap until we have add-on-table-miss for Connection Tracking table?
Mukesh: add-on-miss is different than table-miss-drop general table

Mukesh: PR193 - Outbound pipeline packet test
First time where we are testing the pipeline where it will be quasi-functional
Added Reshma as reviewer

Marian: PR194 - Fixed Inbound VNET Routing
Idea of routing table is to point to a VNET
Need to look at source VNET (VNI values may overlap), need to look at VNI and prefix of source public address
Code generator is failing, need to fix
  • 9 participants
  • 1:00 hours
psi
workflow
issue
configured
processing
communicated
prs
tweaking
p4
visibility
youtube image

4 Aug 2022

Underlay PR176 Marian - fixes
Mukesh: PR167 Fix SAI object create error in libsai adapter
Vijay Srinivasan: PR163 add vnet table to the pipeline; bring into line w/gNMI wrt VNET_ID and VNET_Table
  • 8 participants
  • 47 minutes
interface
ip
ethernet
pipeline
packets
connections
underlay
patched
tcp
abstraction
youtube image

28 Jul 2022

PR163 add vnet table to the pipeline; bring into line w/gNMI wrt VNET_ID and VNET_Table
Other PR149 to be approved, published and merged
PR has SAI header changes, separate PR that has not been changed yet, and a VNET_Out test case PR (more objects)

PR 141 needs 1 more look before Marian approves and merges
PR 152 - Marian has a similar PR (stages w/ENI as a key in the ACL)
The problem is changes to the configuration. ACL is a security table needs to be bound and unbound atomically.
Can we split this into BM and SAI API then Test? - Marian will review both today and merge.
PR160 https://github.com/Azure/DASH/pull/160
- IPv4 option parsing
Current code does not take into account IPv4 optional headers

What is priority based routing? Priority based routing lookup - (Marian) can we delay this question until next week?

CA-PA validation has to happen against specific CA address, does it need to come from a specific PA? We need to check whether the PA exists in entire mapping table.

Prince to sync w/Michal what to program and add to HLD




We need to document DSCP bit - Michal
  • 9 participants
  • 1:08 hours
vni
issue
processing
interface
manage
behavior
report
discussion
ide
seeing
youtube image

21 Jul 2022

PR Review: 141, 149, 152
P4 bugs/issues needing volunteers
  • 6 participants
  • 1:02 hours
process
proposal
updated
configuration
issue
approval
behavior
review
submitting
merge
youtube image

14 Jul 2022

Discussed PR141 - will keep a separate action
P4 fixes needed
#146 to saad-mhzr
  • 9 participants
  • 1:02 hours
dash
discussion
p4
manage
currently
connection
advanced
testing
issue
processing
youtube image

30 Jun 2022

TCP state machine discussion and requirements
WB/BB testing discussion
Alignment to P4
Next steps to define APIs
  • 10 participants
  • 37 minutes
behavioral
testing
interface
discussion
processed
meet
maintaining
observation
debugging
blackbox
youtube image

23 Jun 2022

June 23, 2022
Created new work items
Discussed need for testing
  • 6 participants
  • 29 minutes
configuration
renaming
dash
updated
process
concerns
sync
project
comments
merge
youtube image

16 Jun 2022

June 16, 2022
Upcoming Keysight CI/CD pipeline automation tests
Keysight/NVidia updates next week
  • 10 participants
  • 26 minutes
testers
ports
simulators
traffic
configuration
process
server
project
pipeline
ptf
youtube image

9 Jun 2022

June 9, 2022
Discussed 'Hello World' basic test
  • 4 participants
  • 8 minutes
testers
ping
policy
pass
port
ought
react
send
infrastructure
issue
youtube image

2 Jun 2022

June 2, 2022
  • 6 participants
  • 33 minutes
behavioral
azure
connections
observed
v2
behavior
discussions
acknowledgement
establish
dash
youtube image

26 May 2022

May 26, 2022
Discussed ONF presentation
Review of project work items

Chris/Reshma
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT7-t_aDozM - P4 as a Single Source of Truth for SONiC DASH; use cases on both SoftSwitch and HW

Venkat Puella
https://youtu.be/ymU2d9Oe_dI -
Venkat's presentation at P4 conference. This will become useful to DASH later as it uses P4 modularity and composability.
  • 7 participants
  • 30 minutes
ipv4
flow
vms
interface
udp
v4
configuration
apis
access
metadata
youtube image

12 May 2022

May 12, 2022
Discussed updates to work items, new CI/CD resource, IPv6 PR approval, test infrastructure, and new content in pipeline ReadMe.md file
  • 4 participants
  • 12 minutes
approval
updates
review
ve
proposal
proceed
marion
hopefully
okay
merge
youtube image

5 May 2022

May 5, 2022 Behavioral Model WG Call
Demo by Marian
  • 9 participants
  • 21 minutes
v4
routing
valid
ipv6
vm
bits
implementation
ports
lpm
v6
youtube image

29 Mar 2022

No description provided.
  • 8 participants
  • 17 minutes
p4dpdk
sonic
connection
p40
demo
finalized
tracking
ahead
project
pipeline
youtube image

17 Mar 2022

No description provided.
  • 8 participants
  • 46 minutes
vms
behavioral
pipeline
dashboard
protocols
program
vnet
connections
sending
processing
youtube image

14 Mar 2022

No description provided.
  • 6 participants
  • 22 minutes
close
timers
tcp
pin
shut
finac
timeout
closes
endpoints
terminate
youtube image

1 Mar 2022

March 1, 2022 Behavioral Model sync call
  • 9 participants
  • 42 minutes
connection
traffic
routed
packets
protocol
balancers
outbound
node
possible
appliances
youtube image

10 Feb 2022

Initial behavioral model sync call
  • 11 participants
  • 3:44 hours
retransmission
throughput
close
protocol
cancellation
slower
act
connections
priority
process
youtube image