The Committee will meet at 10:00 am in the Adam Smith Room (CR5)
1. Decision on taking business in private: The Committee will decide whether to take items 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 in private.
2. Transport (Scotland) Bill: The Committee will take evidence on the delegated powers provisions in the Bill at Stage 1 from—
Michael Matheson, Cabinet Secretary for Transport, Infrastructure and Connectivity;
Brendan Rooney, Bill Team Manager;
Kevin Gibson, Solicitor, Scottish Government Legal Directorate;
Kat Quane, Road Works Policy Adviser, Scottish Government.
3. Instruments subject to affirmative procedure: The Committee will consider the following—
Assigned Colleges (University of the Highlands and Islands) Order 2018 [draft]; Budget (Scotland) Act 2018 Amendment Regulations 2018 [draft]; First-tier Tribunal for Scotland Social Security Chamber and Upper Tribunal for Scotland (Composition) Regulations 2018 [draft].
4. Instruments subject to negative procedure: The Committee will consider the following—
Private Landlord Registration (Information and Fees) (Scotland) Amendment Regulations 2018 (SSI 2018/292); Prisons and Young Offenders Institutions (Scotland) Amendment Rules 2018 (SSI 2018/293); National Health Service (General Dental Services) (Miscellaneous Amendments) (Scotland) Regulations 2018 (SSI 2018/300).
5. Instruments not subject to any parliamentary procedure: The Committee will consider the following—
Social Security (Scotland) Act 2018 (Commencement No. 2, Transitory and Saving Provision) Regulations 2018 (SSI 2018/298 (C.20)).
6. Transport (Scotland) Bill: The Committee will consider the evidence it heard earlier.
7. Restricted Roads (20 mph Speed Limit) (Scotland) Bill: The Committee will consider its approach to the delegated powers provisions in this Bill at Stage 1.
8. Damages (Investment Returns and Periodical Payments) (Scotland) Bill: The Committee will consider the contents of a report to the Economy, Energy and Fair Work Committee.
9. Children (Equal Protection from Assault) (Scotland) Bill: The Committee will consider the contents of a report to the Equalities and Human Rights Committee.
10. Work programme: The Committee will consider its work programme.
Proposed future business
The Committee will meet again on Tuesday 30 October. For further information, contact the Clerk to the Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0131 348 5212.
Published by the Scottish Parliament Corporate Body.
www.parliament.scot // We do not facilitate discussions on our YouTube page but encourage you to share and comment on our videos on your own channels. // If you would like to join in our conversations please follow @ScotParl on Twitter or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/scottishparliament